Follow by Email

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Smile Today

Today was a new day.  And it was a great one!!!!!!  No, we weren't allowed back into our town but the announcement today said "days not weeks" so that's encouraging!!!!  But my sweet little friend Morgan was bored and offered to drive me to the quilt shop in Coaldale!!!!!!!!!!!!  Chicken Feed Quilts.  heres their website http://www.chickenfeedquilts.com/.  You can also find them on Facebook.  Amy stayed behind and didn't go to work with her dad to watch the dogs.  When I walked through the door I was in Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lynette Anderson had been there in May with a trunk show and class and Joanne showed me Lynette's method on appliqué.  Awesome!!!!  So I bought quite a few Lynette Anderson things....sure wish I had of been there for the show and class.  But this shop had everything from wool and embroidery to civil war and country to bright and funky!  Flannels too.  Lots of precuts and kits.  Absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Here are some pictures.  I had also bought some notions and a couple of kits but they didn't have pictures on them so they are just brown paper packages. Did I say how much I LOVE this shop??








3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Looks awesome! I got the sheep kit from here a while back, but still have not had time to start it..... Glad to see you're making the most of your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Jane! This is just what a person needs when they are in a situation like you are: a great friend and a bit of quilt therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gals....I really shouldn't have been spending money on that kind of stuff but it made me feel sooo good!! LOL. You know you're an addict when..............

    ReplyDelete