Follow by Email

Monday, September 30, 2013

Refinish...sort of

Not long ago Hubby helped me make a new cutting table out of a folding table, conduit and a piece of wood.  It worked great although lifting the burlap and finding rulers was a bit of a pain...the rulers wouldn't stay upright.  Not a big deal though.  But then my Dad showed me a picture of a cupboard he got at an auction.  I asked him what he was going to do with it and then asked him dimensions!!  It would work perfectly for a cutting table and it had doors and drawers to hold all my tools and rulers!! He brought it down when he came on the weekend.....my birthday present!  I like rustic but this was a little too rustic for my sewing room.  So today I cleaned it and slapped some chalk paint on.  I'm happy, happy, happy with the results!!!!
Before:

After:     

It's definitely not a high end piece of furniture....just a little less rustic.  :)

Now to get using it and getting my "sew" on!!!!!  


2 comments:

  1. What a vast improvement. You'll make good use of this. And isn't it a wonderful old piece. Reminds me of my Grandma Mac's kitchen! well that piece does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cupboard, looks like we share the same love of all things primitive!

    ReplyDelete