Follow by Email

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

School Days

Today was the first day back to school for the kids here in High River as well as other towns across Alberta...well, most of the kids here went back to school.  There is still a school closed because of damage from the flood so they are trying to get modular classrooms set up.  Anyway, it dawned on me that this year was the first one in either 19 or 20 years I did not have someone going back to school!  It was weird!!!  Now our eldest daughter is starting make-up school tomorrow in Calgary.  I guess that kind of counts.  :).

Today I went back to Curves and vowed I would get back on track with the workouts and the meal planning.  After exercising I went to Chinook Fabrics and bought binding for my favorite quilt posted yesterday and border fabric for the POF Mystery quilt.  I then came home, took recycling, figured out my meal plan for the week and went grocery shopping.  Washed my vehicle then came home.  I should have kept going and kept sewing but I did no sewing today.  Tomorrow is another day and after working out and cleaning up the house a bit, I will keep sewing.  I'm hoping to get borders on and the binding done.  Fingers crossed!  Our youngest will be home tomorrow but not likely until in the evening and Hubby may also be home but later on as well.  So I will have sewing time!!!!

No painters and no plumber showed up today.  :(. But I did find out our windows will be arriving next week and may be installed Wednesday/Thursday!!!  So that was good news!!!!!!!  Having those in will make things seem another step closer to normal.

All in all, today was a beautiful day.




No comments:

Post a Comment