Follow by Email

Monday, September 30, 2013

Whew!

What a crazy, fun-filled weekend!!  Thursday I rushed around putting my fall decorations out and doing my mantle.  Dad arrived late afternoon and we went to an exhibition game to watch our daughter play hockey that night.  Then Friday Dad went shopping in Nanton (he loves his antiques!  you should see the awesome cupboard he brought me...I have to do some cleaning up first then I'll take a pic)and I got groceries and made supper and we waited for our oldest son and his girlfriend to arrive.  Saturday, three of us went to Okotoks to the vintage/antique market in the morning....I got a few treasures I will have to be sure and take photos of....then all of us went to Lethbridge for another hockey game.  Amy got the game winning goal!!!!!  Sunday was breakfast then the car show.  Dad was shocked at how many cars were in the show.  He rushed around as he wanted to head for home early.  Throughout the weekend were the hot air balloon championships so every morning we saw the balloons take off and fly overhead.
Yesterday a wonderful lady Linda, who owns the quilt shop Patchwork Fabrics in Slave Lake, brought quilts and afghans for the people of High River.  She also brought over 30 packages of "stash" for the quilters who lost all of the contents of their quilt rooms.  She called to tell me she arrived.  I was happy to go meet her as it had been awhile since I saw her.  Well, she surprised me with a quilt!!!!!!!!!  She wanted me to have this particular quilt as it was made with scraps of very old fabric......I'd say vintage....likely cut from old clothes, etc....a lady in Slave Lake had donated them and another made the quilt.  She knew I would appreciate the vintage fabrics and would take care of the quilt!!  I LOVE it!!!!  Linda also gave me a gift from herself....a kit for a table runner, wrapped in matching fabric, for backing as well as a package of quilty cards.  How SWEET!!!!!!!!!!  I was very touched!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today our carpenter is here to do trim and put in the doors!!!!!  Whoooo Hooooo!!!!

So now the barrage of photos from the weekend!!!!!!!!!



  Original owner....Rod Stewart!







1 comment: