Follow by Email

Monday, September 9, 2013

Sewing Sunday

Today was a productive day.  Supper in the crock pot by 10:30 am, painters arrived and rushed through the paint job and were done just after 2 pm....not thrilled with the paint job.  Thinking we need crown molding to cover the mess between the wall and ceiling!!!! And I sewed two bindings on two quilts.  I'm hand stitching the back so only got one completely done today.  Hubby bought me these clips for Christmas and I used them for the first time today...I LOVE them!!!!!

 


They hold well and are just very handy!!

So yep, my appliqué quilt is completely finished.  Quilted by my friend Kim.  My first hand appliqué border but it won't be my last!!!  I enjoyed this one.  Made 100% from stash fabrics and it hardly made a dent!!!



  

I love this quilt!!!!  I think it's one of the favorite ones I've ever made.  Once I finish my other binding I will get the borders on my POF Mystery Quilt. 

I was using the shop vac to vacuum up massive amounts of drywall dust tonight and didn't realize, until there was a cloud, that the bag was ripped!!  Needless to say there is drywall dust everywhere including the main floor!  I'll grab another bag on my way to the gym tomorrow and vacuum when I get back.  After it settles I'll clean the rest of the dust!  Renovations.......ugh!!