Follow by Email

Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday...already!

The week sure has flown by.  What they say is true "time flies when you're having fun!"

It's been a hot, fun filled week.  Tomorrow is the quilt show in Eureka then we head for home on Sunday.  I sure hope I can pack my purchases so they don't take up the whole truck bed!  LOL. It's raining today which is a nice reprieve from the heat but I'm sure the quilt show organizers are a bit nervous.  I sure hope it's nice tomorrow!!!!!  It's so dry down here I'm thinking some people are happy to see the rain.

I seemed to be on a bit of a fall/Halloween kick.  The top I've completed is Halloween fabrics.  The pattern is a free one that Marla brought.  Each block is made with a fat quarter:

Then I bought this fabric for a pattern in the book Loose Change where you use a special ruler for cutting:

But then I bought these shoes which got me out of the fall mode:


They are so comfortable...I wore them yesterday when we went to Missoula.  In Missoula we went to three quilt shops.  I only bought at one!  This is one of the shops we went to...very unique with drapery fabrics, oil cloth, linens, quilt cotton and more:

And I am working on a quilt with these fabrics from the Lario line so not everything has been fall:

Today we have to run back into Kalispel....I bought a ring at the jewelry store that I had sized and Corinne is picking up her fabrics for her big quilt.  It's a good stay in and sew kind of day!!





1 comment:

  1. Glad you're all having such a great time. Never a dull moment!
    I'm working on my step 10 of POF, sizing the blocks. End in sight. I can almost smell the finish line. Then to get the label on its way! Enjoy and stay safe. Hugs all round!
    Peg.

    ReplyDelete