Follow by Email

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A HOT Hump Day!

It was a warm one today!!!  Blinds closed, windows shut....now they are all open to get the breeze and hopefully cool the house off overnight!

I did a painting today for a friend (she has also requested one for her daughter). I hope they like them when they see them in person.
I haven't made the other one yet.

The lady from Disaster Relief came by today.  She was more a form-fill-er-in-er.  Who knows what will come of it...........

When we had evacuated to Claresholm there was a very nice print at one of the drug stores....yeah the drugstore!  I couldn't stop thinking about it and pressed my luck and drove there today to see if they still had it.  They DID!!!!  It's hanging in our dining room right now and I LOVE it!  The manager gave me 20% off because I was in High River and was flooded....what a sweet thing to do!!!!  Here it is:

The drywaller was here today.  Still not completely done hanging all the dry wall but here's a pic of the progress:

I stopped at the candy store in Nanton on my way to Claresholm and ate too much candy.  When I got home I knew a salad was in order for supper.  Lorie had brought me fresh lettuce and cucumbers when she picked me up to go to Sharon's so I used those in my salad.....YUMMO!

So that was my day.......yard work tomorrow if I don't roast up!!




2 comments:

  1. Love the print. Glad it stayed there for you. It is so cheery. The painting is absolutely amazing!! You are good. Love the blended colours and those sweet birdies. How could anyone NOT like it? Cool.
    S l o w progress with basement? You're getting away from the noise, now and then?
    We're home today and gone tomorrow. (Not to Maui)
    Take care! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pegs! Hope you have fun on your getaway. :-). Painting should start in the basement towards the end of next week! We are doing great compared to the neighbors. Most of them aren't dry enough. Thank goodness for our concrete!

      Delete