Follow by Email

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Trade

Well, things are almost back to normal after my vacation.  Yesterday I cleaned and did some laundry.  I am finishing up the laundry today and got some groceries so I can get back to cooking planned meals for my family.  The sun is currently shining, although this morning was drab and dreary.  It's actually very hot out there.  Not sure what the neighbors are having done in their house/basement but it's NOISY!!  Hope it's only a one day thing!  :o)

                              Remember the dresser I got from a friend for the guest room?
 
Well, she is kind enough to trade me for a quilt I made awhile ago. 
 
I love the fabric line and the quilt was fun to make...but one can only have so many quilts kicking around and this one was kept in a bag unused....until now!  I know it's going to a good home and will take it to her daughter when I get my hair done tomorrow.  Didn't my friend Marla do a great job quilting it??
 
Our drywall is to arrive today and will be started tomorrow apparently.  Woot Woot!  Progress!!!!!  Gotta love that!  I must get busy finding a bathroom vanity and cupboard and sink and counter top....and check on the flooring.....and hope the windows and door will be in before the end of the month or shortly thereafter......I know we will have normal one of these days.
 
Our cats are going a bit crazy and I'm thinking it would be nice to have a cat run for outside.......hmmmm might have to investigate a plan.  I can't just throw them outside!!!!!  (even when I'm tempted!!)