Follow by Email

Saturday, August 17, 2013

1st Year Anniversary

One year ago today we got possession of our home here in High River.  I cannot for the life of me find a before picture....and I know I had several but here is one taken, obviously last winter.  We had replaced the siding and added the stone work.
 
Up until June 20, 2013 it was a wonderful year!!!!!   We started off having the most amazing fall! 

Then a winter much more mild and shorter than we are used to.
 
Our first Christmas here:
 
We installed flooring in the basement:

And everything was great until......June 20, 2013
(June 20...the start of the water coming into the lake)
 
(slowly creepy up to our yard...it did come about 5' inside the fence and held it's own....until the water came from the front!)
 
 
(the front yard the next morning June 21...it did get higher before we left and covered the garden)

(looking out our main floor windows the next morning June 21)

(our side yard the next morning June 21)
 
But we are onto recovery and by this time next year you won't even know our town had a major flood!!!!  Yes, I AM being optimistic and I hope most of the other residents are too.
I know things will improve 300% ...they can only get better and move forward. 
So "Happy Anniversary" Home!!!!  Here's to many more uneventful years to come!
 



 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment