Follow by Email

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Gardening

What a beautiful day for working in the flowerbeds!!!  I'm beat now though!  We still need more mulch (50 bags wasn't quite enough...we'll get 10 more tomorrow) but things look much better.  I can't wait for the plants to get higher, the mulch to settle a bit so I can do some filling in the spaces I'm sure are there.  I bought  a peony plant today.....I had two at our old house, and will miss those ant filled feminine flowers!  :-). This one won't flower this year.  I'd like to see what grows down here that is different from what I had up north.  I saw lemon and orange trees today.....hmmmm....maybe.  That would be neat!!  So more mulching tomorrow and then some relaxing?  It's supposed to be another beautiful day.  Tomorrow would have been my mother in laws 72nd birthday.  I'd like to find a yellow rose bush to plant in her memory.  She loved yellow roses.  I will look for one tomorrow.  <3