Follow by Email

Friday, November 14, 2014

A Great Week!

Today is Friday....already!!!  I have made my to-do list and must get cracking!  Tomorrow I'm taking a class at the quilt shop on how to make the coiled fabric bowls.  It should be fun and I hope it inspires me to create lots of them!!!  Great way to use jelly rolls and 2.5" strips of scraps!

Last night Sue and Deb came over for some stitching.....Deb really wants to make a Yoko Saito project out of her Houses, Houses, Houses  book and needed some help getting started.  It's hand piecing and hand appliqué which Deb hasn't done.  So we figured three heads were better than one!  And who doesn't need an excuse to get together!!!!!!?????  Earlier in the day I had made a spice cake with cream cheese icing to serve to the gals.  It...was...delicious!!!!!!  Here's a piece I am enjoying today!

All from scratch so I was pretty proud of myself!  Hahahaha!

The other night we had the most beautiful sunset.  
Look at those mountains....hazy looking.  The colors were amazing.  Yesterday morning was pretty too.  Love the blue sky...and there are those mountains!

The sun is shining again today...it's another nippy one but it is the middle of November...in Alberta!
Off to tackle that to-do list!



2 comments:

  1. Another piece of cake? You should travel to Calgary and bring me a piece!
    It was lovely, Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmm!
    X-Country skiing anyone? Or down hill in those lovely mountains?
    Ahhhh, the memories :-)
    Happy List busting!

    ReplyDelete