Follow by Email

Monday, April 7, 2014

I'm Back!!

Wow, once again it's been awhile since my last post.  I went away with my quilty pals from up north to Spokane!  We shopped (too much), ate (way too much) and had a barrel of laughs!  It was nice to be away but I can honestly say I was shopped out!!!!!  Two of my friends were very generous and shared their colds with me...so now I am sick!  I have today to recuperate (I've done nothing since I got home!) as I work tomorrow, teach a class Wedensday, work Thursday and teach Thursday night!  I sure hope I get feeling better!  I do NOT want to spread this!!!!

I have a ton of pictures I could show you of our trip.  We shopped at some amazing quilt shops the first being The Buggy Barn!  But they will have to wait......today is Mondays Mug Memories day.  This mug is just from Starbucks.  I bought it in Cochran last winter while waiting for my daughter at hockey practice.  I looked at it and saw quilt block!

I was also working on my pincushion.  I think the top is done.  It will have to be as I have to get it put together.  Sue, a gal in the class, will have an amazing one!  I've seen snippets of hers!!!!!
Before with just the appliqué:

After with all the stitching and embellishments:


Off I go to lie down.  I have so many things I want to get done today!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. You need to restore energies and health before getting crazed about cleaning. You have such a BUSY week in front of you. Your pincushion is amazing. What a lot of work to embellish! Beautiful. Love your mug, too. How fun is that. Thanks for sharing the joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy! I did manage to get my floors clean and do a load of laundry so I have clean underwear for the week! A nice hot shower and now I have the rest of the day to relax! It's a beautiful warm day here in southern Alberta....windows are open and the fresh air is divine!!!! Love ya!

      Delete