My Monday Mug Memory is this mug I just purchased on the way to Spokane at the duty free store. "Embrace Change". I think I've done a pretty good job of that since moving down here a year and a half+ ago. There is still so much more to embrace.....but I've made friends, got a job I love. A person can't expect things to be like they were in our hometown where we knew so many people. But we are adjusting nicely. I smile this morning when I look out on this sunny, clear morning and I can see the mountains. Anyway, here is the mug:
The girls are settling in after their trip. S is off to work this morning. A is still having problems with her tonsils and needs to go back to a Dr. No spots but they are huge and red. Ugh. I talked to Dad who did get me a couple of quilty things...but took them home with him. Hubby and A will be up there next week for work so I'm hoping he will send them down with them. S got me a pincushion. My Mom was very much into sea turtles. She even had them tattooed on her leg. So the pincushion reminds me of her:
It has a wooden base which is really neat. I'm getting quite a collection of pincushions! :)
I have a long list of things to do today and son2 is coming down for overnight. He's picking up his holiday trailer. I'll have to think of what to make for supper.
I got this in last week and haven't had time to sit and read it cover to cover......I LOVE what I have seen though!!! I need to get binding on one more "baby" quilt and I'll have time.
Hubby is chomping at the bit to get to Okotoks, which I have to go to as well. Best get ready for the day!!!!!



3 comments:
I ordered one of the those books too! Only mine is still somewhere between here and there!
Kathy did you order right from them? That's too bad...has it been awhile? I got mine from Chicken Feed Quilts in Coaldale. In all my travels around Spokane to many quilt shops, I didn't see this book once. Weird.
Did you ever get your book??
Post a Comment