Follow by Email

Monday, June 2, 2014

Another One Bites the Dust!

Another weekend has come and gone.  It was a short one for me because I had to work on Saturday.  Because of the road construction, other activities in town and the weather (we had an afternoon thunderstorm!) we weren't very busy with customers but Shannon and I were busy moving quilts around the store and we think we have the place looking even better!  I also rearranged some patterns so the pattern wall will be different and hopefully will bring people back over to it.  I work next Saturday as well...we have a big group coming for a shop hop and we are their first stop!!

Before I forget (again) I will do Mondays Mug Memory.  I forgot to make my coffee in a mug that I haven't talked about so took a picture of a tea cup and saucer.  I do not use this teacup...it's in my china cabinet.  It is an oldie......from what I was told by my mother, it was my great great grandmothers and is passed down to the oldest daughter in the family.  I didn't get this one until we moved here....Mom always said I couldn't have it until I had a china cabinet!  LOL. I don't think I would call it beautiful....gaudy maybe....but it's the history behind it.  I've told S that it will be hers one day so if anything happens to me, the tradition can continue.

Yesterday Hubby, S and I went to Black Diamond to the greenhouse.  I picked up a few perennials for the back flowerbeds....I was waiting for things to come back but not much did.  On our way home we stopped at the cutest diner for ice cream!!  I didn't get a picture of the stools at the counter...darn....but we will have to go and have lunch there one day!

Like father like daughter:

It's a beautiful looking day out there....I was up by 6:30 and folded a load of laundry, put another in the washing machine and put some recycling out.  I must clean today as the dust is crazy in here....as is the cat/dog hair, etc.  We did all the yard work yesterday so that's done for a day or two!  I am going to try and get some finished tops quilted this week.  My vehicle will be in the auto body shop for the week so I will be stranded.....nice!!!!!!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Ornate c&s! Neat story. History in the making.
    Raven (G.da) has moved in with us for the summer until she can find a job. Ba. grad in English & recent grad in PRelations. We're a little squeezed. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got home from Advisory Board Meeting. Decided to look at my latest issue of Quilter's Connection before going to bed. Guess who I saw???? "Sew" Famous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Kathy?? I haven't got my issue yet...hopefully they are at the store when I go to work today! "Sew" Famous....love that!!!

      Delete