Follow by Email

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Perfectionist I Am Not...when it comes to quilting

I follow a lot of blogs and was reading one this morning that expressed exactly how I felt about quilting.  Since starting work at the quilt shop I have met many quilters....some of whom are perfectionists and expect nothing but perfection or darn close from their work.  I am NOT like that at all.  My concern is that I will begin to feel as though my projects will not be 'worthy' of showing or sharing with others.  I think that is why I have not yet really researched and joined a guild. I'm feeling like most of the quilters in the area really look at others projects as closely as they would look at their own....and maybe raise an eyebrow or two.  That is not what quilting is for me.  If someone shows me something, the colors and pattern catch my eye.  I never look at star points, for example, to see if they've been cut off or whether the borders are on perfectly.  Many times until the creator of the quilt has pointed something out, I can honestly say I hadn't noticed.  Quilting is my creative release, my joy, my "happy".  Done is better than perfect.  If I'm enjoying it then that's enough for me.

Here is the link to the blog with the post I mentioned.  I hope it's the way you feel about any creative projects you do. (I hope the link works)

http://www.bloglovin.com/link/blog?blog=1867798&link=aHR0cDovL3NlbnRpbWVudGFscXVpbHRlci5ibG9nc3BvdC5jb20v&frame=1&frame_type=b

No comments:

Post a Comment