Follow by Email

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Holidays

Christmas 2013....it's been a good one.  Last year we thought about going up north for Christmas this year but after everything we went through this summer, home was where we wanted to be. My dad was here, all our kids are (still) here and it's been nice.  S and I were sick with the flu yesterday....I didn't get sick to my stomach but she did the night before.  We are both good today!  Our oldest, his girlfriend and A went skiing/snowboarding today.  Of course yesterday was +10....we had a crazy wind, some snow through the night and today is -16C! But they still went.  I have turkey rice soup in the slow cooker, a loaf of bread in the bread machine and two loaves of banana bread in the oven.  The sun is shining.....life is good.

My dad made it home today...he left yesterday, scared we were going to get him sick....but stayed overnight in Westlock as the roads up there were bad.  We put him to work on Thursday.....he installed the railing going to the basement.

I still have to put the glossy finish on it and the plugs.  I'll add it to the to-do list!!  LOL!
We've been playing a lot of cards and board games:

It's been fun.  I will miss the noise and my sons dogs fluffy hair all over!  Hahaha.  But we will have it again, another time.  

So many people think of a word-of-the-year...something to strive for or think about throughout the new year.  I'm thinking about mine although I can't remember what it was last year!!!  I'll be sure to write it down and plaster it all over this year and really try to live by it.  I think I know what it will be but I'll be sure to post it here when I've decided for sure.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment