Follow by Email

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sewing Day...and Rain

Last night, after driving into Calgary to pick my daughter up at midnight, we had a thunderstorm.  Now, whenever there is a thunderstorm I always have to start counting.... one one thousand, two one thousand....between the lightening and the thunder.....so I know how far away the storm is (each second is supposed to be a mile).  So needless to say, I don't sleep through them.....I really dislike thunder even though it's just a sound. :-). But then it started to rain....and it was a nice rain all through the night but stopped before noon.  Eventually the sun came out and it was hot and humid!  But when it was raining I thought it would be a great day to sew.  Daughter2 had asked me to make her a tablerunner...her accent colors being aqua and yellow.  So here is what I made today.  It's a quilt as you go...and yes, I made a mistake which meant unsewing half of the darn thing....so it was a simple project.

Here is my little helper in the room keeping me company....or not!

You can't really see it but this was our glorious rain!

Hubby is home tomorrow night so I have a few things to get done tomorrow.  Off to bed I go...this is me trying to get to bed early....it's after 11:30!! Argh!!



No comments:

Post a Comment