Follow by Email

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Heritage Park

This past weekend was the Heritage Park Quilt Show in Calgary.  My friend Sue, who just got home from England Saturday afternoon....can you say jet lag?????....and I went on Sunday.  It was a nice way to spend the day and catch up.  It was a gorgeous weekend so I'm sure they had a great turnout for this years show.  Sue and I went last year and although we headed straight for the vendors, we did go all over the park and looked at all the quilts.  This year, we headed straight for the vendors, had lunch and looked at the quilts on the way.......Sue was tired and we really didn't want to spend all day walking around....so we didn't!  LOL.

I couldn't go through the vendors booths and not buy anything!  One of the things I bought was some border fabric and pattern to make a Tablerunner.  It was a rainy day here so this afternoon I spent some time in my sewing room and made a couple of tablerunners.
This first one is made with the fabric I bought at the show.  The picture is from my iPad and isn't a good one....the fabric is much greener.
I knew I had other border fabrics around and found this one.....which I like so much better!  It gives the effect that shows on the pattern:

Now to quilt them.......we are to continue to get rain on and off for awhile so I'm hoping I'll have a lot of sewing time!  

Something to ponder:




2 comments:

  1. It was a nice day to be out in the sunshine, love your runners, however I like the first one best, must be something to do with the fabric lol! Soon be time for tea(coffee) and another stitching night 😊.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table runners look Awesome Jane! ☺

    ReplyDelete