Follow by Email

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Winter!

One of these days I will get used to how fast the weather can change down here!  Yesterday morning my friend Deb and I went for our walk.  When we started it was okay but by the time we got back you could feel the wind had picked up and was quite cold.  Well, not long after the wind really picked up and the snow arrived!!!!!  We went from a brown Christmas, to a small skiff of snow to all white!  Hubby is out doing what he loves.....snow removal on the quad!  Our street loves him!!!!!!!  Daughter2 was stuck in Edmonton yesterday (highways were horrible!) but says they show that they are good today.  I will worry until she gets home!

After my walk I spent the day putting all the Christmas/winter decorations away.  I feel like I can breathe again!  Next up, a good cleaning, but I will start that next week.

On January 1st I spent some time in my sewing room and played with one of my Squedge rulers.  I had a few pieces of border fabric intended for the table runners made with the 60 degree ruler and knew it would work with the Squedge.  Here is my creation....all finished:
Not sure where the fabric came from but I'm thinking likely on a trip to the States.  It was fun and easy to do!!

Daughter2 has a hockey game in Calgary tonight so that will be our evening entertainment!  I think we are to get a bit more snow today/tonight but not as much as we received yesterday!!!! To my friends in Hawaii (I have a few that are there right now!) you Lucky Ducks!!!!!!!!  Enjoy!