Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Hockey and Antiques

It's been a bit of a whirlwind few days!  The trip home with my Dad was nice....of course we had to stop at the antique place in Airdrie.  I bought two old quilts , which I haven't taken pictures of yet but I will!  I felt the need to rescue them!  Saturday we were off to Lethbridge with Daughter2 to her All-Star game.  Her team won!!  Before the game, Dad and I quickly popped into another antique place...this one was closing and had everything 25% off!  I bought a vintage Santa mug, a Santa pitcher and a child's wooden ironing board....again, no pics...sorry!  Sunday we didn't do much except brave Costco in Okotoks but we were off antiquing again on Monday...this time to Nanton.  I took a picture of my few treasures which aren't very exciting.  One of my purchases was an old cookbook.  I love the inscription inside:
The only way you could get this cookbook was with a subscription to Good Housekeeping!

Here's the cover....love the color!  I do love old cookbooks.

The heart is a baking pan, the circle is a donut cutter, I bought a beeswax candle (not antique) but they always remind me of my grandfather...who was a beekeeper and when retired, came out west to help my dad in the summers.  The fabric was in a sealed bag and I wasn't quite sure what it was....there are two pieces, hemmed..the same size.  I have them on my front door window but I don't know if they will stay there.  The fabric would make nice cushions.
Dad left this morning for a convention in Edmonton.  It was nice having him here for a few days (he helped me fix my central vac by unplugging the pipe!). He's handy to have around!  Wish he was closer....I did suggest he open an antique shop here in High River!!!!  Lord knows he has enough stuff to keep it full for a few years!!!!!!  I don't think I have him convinced!
Tomorrow is a big cleaning of the house, top to bottom.  I spent today working on my mantle decor and de-cluttering some other decor.  Slowly the place is getting back in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment