And I have already added to both this year. But today is a new day...onward and upward!
Last post I mentioned that I had purchased two old quilts from Airdrie on my trip home from up north. I've taken pictures, poor ones, but you can see how I couldn't leave them behind. The first one has been hand quilted and totally amazes me. The rows of stitches make squares of about 1 inch so there's a lot of quilting! I can't even machine quilt a quilt let alone hand quilt one!
The next one is a child's quilt....it's long and narrow and consists of embroidered blocks. Love and appreciate all the work that went into this one as well.
Sorry for the poor photos.
Now I'm worried as I think I will have a new addiction.....I've been doing a lot of wool projects, instead of pieced projects and now I think I'm hooked on needle punch!!!!!! I'm so tempted to pick it up and get "punching" this morning but I know I will sit and that's all I'll accomplish today!
Thanks to Sue for this!!!!!! (But I guess it does fall into finishing or doing old, already purchased projects!!.....so it's all good!!!) It's a lot of fun!
The sun is shining, it's warm outside so it's a good day!!!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment