Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Two More Sleeps

It sure doesn't feel as though Christmas is two days away!! I think I'm just about ready....a few more groceries and I think I'm done.  I guess I'd better be done!  Every year at this time I think about how I need to plan ahead and make my gifts more meaningful.  I will get thinking this year about what the recipients of my gifts really need and work towards that.  My friend Kim did just that.  She sent me a gift which was very thoughtful and one she couldn't just run out and buy last minute!  She made me a cookbook of her favorite recipes as well as a few from some other ladies I know.  Then she put it together with pictures of family that I had posted to Facebook.  I teared up when I opened it.  Kim knew I had lost my cookbooks in the flood......
So I hope to be 'that' giver next year and make my gift giving more thoughtful.  

'Tis the season for eggnog.  Every year I buy it and then usually throw it out.  This year I'm having a glass in the morning......YUMMO!  I forgot how good it is!!!  I buy the light so it's not as thick....I remember adding milk to the regular eggnog before.  A little sprinkle of nutmeg....mmmmmm!

We are currently having a brown Christmas.  They are forecasting some snow tomorrow and maybe Christmas Day...we will see as weather can change in the blink of an eye around here.  This was a picture taken on my drive home the other day.  No snow in sight!

The older I get the more I don't mind brown Christmases but I'm wondering if that's why it doesn't seem to be almost here!!!!!  

After writing that last post about Facebook I got thinking about what I expect from it.  What would we write about if we didn't post our vacation pictures or pictures of our loved ones because I do care about those things from the people I care about.  So I guess that's the key for me.....unfollow the people whose status updates I scroll over and leave only the ones I will read!  Simple right????  Soon it will be busy with everyone wishing everyone a Merry Christmas......I send cards!  Hahahaha!!  But incase you didn't get a card from me, I'm taking this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for a wonderful 2015!!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Jane and Family☺ Had a bit of snow here last night in Canmore, so hopefully it will come your way for the "perfect" white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy!!! We have no snow in the forecast. Hubby and I just stepped outside and he said he loves this weather!! Said he'd like to be cutting grass! Not me!!! This weather is different! Enjoy your snow in Canmore!!!! Merry Christmas!

      Delete