Follow by Email

Saturday, August 9, 2014

A Neglected Blog

Yep, that's mine...very neglected.  It seems the days are going so quickly...what happened to the dog days of summer?????

So remember awhile back I was talking about maybe something coming that would change the way our lives were going....or something like that? Hahaha!  Well, here's the scoop.  Hubby was interested in a job back up in our home town.  They are getting a new hospital and he would work for the contractor who gets the job...steady pay for approximately 3 years and a living allowance.  We have the little house in town and the plan was that I would move there with him, our eldest daughter and her bf would live in our house here and the youngest daughter would be off at university living in residence.  Well, Hubby IS going to work up there but I will be staying here.  His shift will be two weeks on and one off and a contractor here he is working for has even more work lined up and would really like hubby to do the electrical for it so he will be home working here on his days off from up there!!!!  Daughter1 broke up with her bf and is living back here (with her dog Gordon!).  I'm actually happy to be staying here.....two weeks will fly by and we have such great neighbors that I'm sure if I needed some help while Hubby was up north someone around here could give me a hand.  We waited a long, long time to hear anything and get to this point!!!!!!!!  He starts this month, Daughter2 moves to residence the end of this month so it will be a month of huge changes!!!!!!!!!!!

The quilt shop I'm working at is organizing their classes for the fall and here is a project I finished and will teach in September.  We call it Seven Braids

The fabric line is a new one we got in called La Fete De Noel or something like that!  French General yumminess!!!!!!!  This picture does not show the true rich colors.  It was quick using a jelly roll.  I have so many projects I want to get done!!!  With Hubby gone I hope to sew, sew, sew.....and of course walk with my friend Deb!!!!!!!  
I've made a couple of very good friends over the last year here in HR.  I'm very thankful for them.😊


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are staying local, hope Blair gets some time off in between job! ��Love the quilt by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue....I'm glad I'm staying put too. Lots of stitching to do, the two of us!!

      Delete
  2. And here I was expecting that you were going to open your very own quilt shop and I would have to make a road trip for shopping : ( But your news is better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would have been exciting Kathy....I wish!!!!!!! LOL. This means money coming in and not going out!!! πŸ˜„

      Delete