Follow by Email

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Peace and Quiet

A quiet Saturday.  It's cloudy, warm and very quiet in the 'hood.  I've had a few visitors today.....my neighbor Maureen brought me maple syrup she got in Quebec;neighbor Deb came for coffee before heading to Calgary to her daughters, and neighbor Pat brought me some cool silk floss from a friend who is cleaning out her house for a move.  These were her mothers.  I put them in a BIG jar....I just love them!

I was talking to my Dad on the phone the other day and he said he had come across a couple of pastel drawings my Mom had made of my brother and I.  He took pictures of them on his cell phone and sent them to me and I recognize them from school pictures.  Personally I think my mother was a 
pretty talented woman.  (I sure miss her.........). Here are the pictures she drew. 



I will be sure to get copies made.

I spent the day rearranging my sewing room to get ready for the new cutting table I got.  Hopefully it will arrive and be put together Monday.  I got it from the shop and Lucie gave me a very good deal.  Francois will come and put it together for me although I'm tempted to get it myself tomorrow.....I'm sure I could put it together....I put an L-shaped desk together before.  I'll try to be patient......I can still sew in there which is likely what I should be doing now.....in peace and quiet.



3 comments:

  1. Ahh peace and quiet, love it! Can't wait to come and play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so beautiful! I hope you get them preserved properly for them to last through the years☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! And you are your Mothers daughter. She passed her legacy on to you, my dear.
    Love, peg

    ReplyDelete