Sunday, February 10, 2019

Small Stuff

Hello!  I was doing so well posting on a fairly regular basis!  Oops!

Let's see......first, my stitching projects.  This first project was a February Challenge in a Facebook group I belong to.  Kathleen Tracy's Small Quilt Lovers.  It was fun to do....the hardest is picking fabric...all stash. Very small 14.5" x 14.5"


Then I wanted some hand work to do while watching the Super Bowl game last weekend so I quilted and bound this one (colors waaaaaaay off!):


The top I've posted a long time ago....it was made for my friend Erica.  She was battling cancer and we had had a conversation where I was motivating her to get off her couch and live each day (which she did!!).......I didn't get it finished on time....the top hung on my design wall for a long time as the thought of finishing it made me sad......but here it is, a reminder of my dear friend.💕


Yesterday Daughter2 brought out my Lyla for a sleepover!  I can't remember the last time I had her here all by myself!  It was GREAT to have her here and we crafted and played and had a great time!  This was to be a Valentine tree....her hand/arm are the tree and then thumb prints for the leaves.....well, this is how it turned out!  I like it just the way it is!



Then she continued on, painting several other pictures.


After bath time....a picture we sent off to Hubby/Poppa who was away at work!


Okay......I might have trimmed her bangs a bit too short.  😬  Thank goodness hair grows!!!!  This morning she insisted on playing with play doh.....so I whipped up a small batch.  This was after Ana and Elsa's birthday party....with Olaf of course!  


After her Mommy picked her up and I got the house cleaned, I went to put garbage out.  Well, I could hear this sound in the trees.....and there were a ton of birds eating the pinecones (or the seeds in the pinecones) and the sound was the pinecones falling.  I didn't get a great picture of the birds doing that (I think they are white winged crossbills....beautiful red birds!) but I got a (bad) pic of a chickadee enjoying the fresh seeds I put out in this feeder!

And this non feathered friend enjoying the seeds out of the other feeder!  Hey, squirrels have to eat too!  Usually there are blue jays at this one!


I've caught a cold...of course....and will take medicine tonight and get my diffuser going with Thieves.  A busy week ahead....work Monday, mammogram Tuesday (then hair and nails in the afternoon), work Wednesday and then Calgary Dr appointment Thursday.  Hubby will drive me to that one so I hope parking will be easy!!  I hope we can go out for lunch afterwards and celebrate Valentines Day.  No school the following week and I am excited about that!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope the weather smartens up and it warms up a bit but not snow!  (😂 wishful thinking!)  We are most definitely in a cold snap....or "polar vortex" (the new phrase!)  I sure hope it passes soon!!

No comments: