I've been spending some time in my sewing 'room' this weekend!! Hubby has been busy working on the stairs to the basement....they need some trim and then the stairs covered with flooring (he won't start that yet) so I thought I may as well sew down there! I got my Vintage Christmas blocks made! Whew.....6.5" unfinished and a few seams!! I know people make even smaller blocks.......I admire them! NOT perfect but maybe I will get better as the BOM continues!!!
Then yesterday I thought "hey you are on a roll Jane!" and cut out the next set of blocks from an old Kim Diehl BOM I had started doing while still in High River! (I'm sure there is a blog post about it somewhere a couple of years ago!) There are 5 sets of blocks....these are #3....and then a finishing kit. I used some of the leftover fabrics from the previous two sets and only had to touch a small piece of one background fabric!!! The fabrics will be added to my Kim Diehl collection once this quilt is done!! 👍
They are ready to stitch together which I will do later on this week because today Daughter1 and Lyla are coming for a visit! 💕 I've prepped the stuff I need for supper so it will be easy to throw together.
I LOVE all things Lori Holt and I LOVE all things Kim Diehl and they really couldn't be more different....their colorways for sure!!!! But that is what makes quilting so fun....ALL the different designers, fabrics, patterns, books, tools, notions, techniques....and there are new ones, in all those areas, coming out all the time! It is what feeds our addiction!!!!!!!
Also this weekend I finished watching Season 5 (I think) of Grace and Frankie (or is it Frankie and Grace???) on Netflix! Those two old gals crack me up!! Now to wait until 2020 for the next season!
I've been a BAD eater this week....with Valentines Day and everything.....I've been craving and caving into candy and chocolates! Only .6 lb lost this week.....I will celebrate a loss as it could have been the other way! Just over 26 lbs gone! Hubby goes back to work in the morning and then I will keep busy with sewing and such. Groceries first....lots of salad fixings!! I think the snowmen will be put away this week even though it is still most definitely snowman weather out there! I could wait until the end of February. We will see....depends on whether or not I find something more exciting to do on this week off!!!!! 😄


No comments:
Post a Comment