Oh gosh this week was a busy one, yet it was wonderful too! Work Monday, mammogram Tuesday (no changes) so I like to treat myself with a visit to a quilt store afterwards....well, I came home with a stack of Lori Holt Farm Girl Vintage fat quarters and a fat quarter stack of Kim Diehl's new fabric line, a charm pack and a pattern I have been eyeing up for quite awhile.
I follow a lot of buy and sell pages on FB and I found this cart on one....picked it up on Monday after work. I thinned out the kids toys as they really don't play with many of them....now I will have to sell the toy organizer I used previously.
Okay let's go back to Tuesday.......I had already had both hair and nail appointments booked for after school Tuesday so once I popped home and let the dogs out, I headed in to town and had my hair cut and my nails done.....gotta LOVE sparkles!!
Worked Wednesday and Hubby came home Wednesday night. Yesterday we were off to Calgary to my Dr appointment there. After my appointment Hubby drove me to a quilt shop and waited in the car for me while I shopped.....I finally bought myself one of these spray bottles for my Best Press. Can't wait to use it! (I also signed up for a Lori Holt block of the month for Vintage Christmas and received the first package and can't wait to make the first four blocks while I am off next week!!!!...or maybe sooner!) Since I seem to be addicted to Lori Holt I also purchased a Bake Sale fat quarter pack and a jar of her buttons!
We stopped for groceries on the way home and while I shouldn't have, we bought a cupcake for each of us since it was Valentine's Day!! (more icing than cake!!!!)
To add to my already GREAT day, in the mail were two books I had ordered from Amazon!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them....especially the Simple Friendships II!!!!!
I must work on my sewing area purge really soon...............I need to be ruthless and really really keep only my favorite kits, books, patterns, notions, etc, etc! I would hate the thoughts of packing it up if we were ever to decide to move again! HAHAHA!
Snowing today and I have to drive Hubby to pick up his truck this afternoon. Then maybe, after laundry is done, I could cut out my new blocks. I ordered some fabric that I will need to finish this project (pro active eh????? I've only just got the first of the BOM packages!) because this fabric line is really hard to find. Looks like it will be a good stitching weekend..........


No comments:
Post a Comment