Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Comfort in Food and Drink

Today was a stay-at-home-day.  I did get dressed (eventually), brushed my teeth and washed my face but that was the extent of getting ready.  😄 I had plans to sew the blocks I had cut out the other day but I putzed around and did anything but.  Laundry got done and I baked a banana bread loaf....why??????  Oh because it was a snowy/sunny/snowy/sunny/snowy/sunny kind of day and I had over ripe bananas!  I had these two pieces of the loaf and I should put the rest in the freezer now because banana bread is NOT what I should be eating!  I even pulled out the percolator and made some coffee after grinding the beans!  I should have had company!  


I LOVE being at home!  I sat and read today...something I rarely do....and dreamed of staying home all the time.  I could get some painting done that needs doing and not feel as though any time off should not be wasted doing chores!  😝  That's how I feel when I work.  I am thankful for the school schedule where we do get time off...like this week....but I still don't feel as though I can jump into any big projects so nothing gets done. 😳  IF I was home full-time I would feel as those those chores were my job.  😁  But what else would I be contributing?  I keep the house clean and the laundry done already.  I would be home doing the things I love while Hubby is out working.   My fear is that if I stayed home, I wouldn't stop the buying of stuff (fabric, etc mostly!)  How could I contribute financially if I wasn't working??  (not that I make much right now.....I certainly don't do my job for the pay!!)  And would I go crazy being home all the time while Hubby is working?  I would get to know the neighbours better!  Oh well....I can dream and wish and maybe one day....

I may have to go and get a new printer tomorrow.  Mine is acting silly and not printing a picture if it is included on a page.  Other colour will print on the page, but it won't print the picture, just everything else.  It had done it to me a couple of weeks ago and again today so I spent a long time this morning trying to figure it out....which never happened.  All I did was waste ink!  After I get the printer all set up I could sew! Tomorrow is Thursday already......ugh! 😒

We are to get more snow Friday and Saturday....nice stay-at-home-and-sew days! Yippee!  I have a sign that says "Do one thing every day that makes you happy!"  I plan on it!




3 comments:

Kimbo said...

Enjoy your week and your banana bread!

Kimbo said...

Enjoy your last days at home and the banana bread!

Jane said...

I had another piece for breakfast then cut it all up and froze it!!!! Each piece is EIGHT points!!!!! (and that's not counting the butter!!!!!!!)