Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Peace and Quiet

Good Morning!  (or whatever time of day it is that you are reading this!!)  It is my first day since December 20th that I have had the day to myself......no place I have to go, no one here to disturb me (tee hee...except the pets! Hubby has gone to work out of town) and I woke up to a phone call from Daughter1 because my granddaughter wanted to talk to me!  πŸ’“  Feeling the love!  So I have a few things planned today that I want to get done; more to organize a couple of messy areas I look at every day.....does January do that to you? Make you want to clean and organize?  These aren't big jobs by any stretch of the imagination and they won't take more than a few minutes....those BIG jobs will have to wait for another day! Today I am going to BREATHE!!!!!!!

In the meantime I am sitting in the sunroom, in the dark, except for the lights from my skinny tree.....I left it up as it's a bit "frosted" and has no decorations on it so it's more of a winter decoration....and who doesn't like the lights???  (and this sunroom has no lights yet so it helps!)


Here it looks like I have three trees!  

I'm also sitting here using a new mug that my friend Pam gave me for Christmas.  We had lost our sweet Zoey in October.  She was a dachshund.  My Mom also raised and bred dachshunds so this mug reminds me of both Zoey and my Mom.  My friend Kim gave me dachshund socks too!  πŸ’• (they are in the laundry right now...a picture for another day!)


A great way to start my peaceful, quiet day........January 2nd.....thinking of a word for my year (I'm not sure why as I don't really do anything about it....but it's the thing to do!  πŸ˜œ)  So many things to "work" on and be aware of........I will contemplate that one today and get back to you.  πŸ˜Š


No comments: