Follow by Email

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Farmers Wife

No, not me!!  I belong to The Modern Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt-Along on Facebook and thankfully, Karen Walker of 'laugh yourself in stitches' blog http://chezstitches.blogspot.se has written instructions using modern piecing methods so that these blocks can be pieced, well, normally and NOT with templates!!!  I finished Lesson one, which consisted of 10 of the 110 blocks.
I'm using a layer cake and a fat quarter pack of two different Collections for a Cause lines.  So far so good but the blocks will become progressively more difficult....or that's what I'm thinking anyway.  

Daughter2 had her first regular season game in Lethbridge yesterday.  The weather was gorgeous so I went early and hit Chicken Feed Quilts in Coaldale and Village Quilts in Lethbridge as well as Chapters and a giftware store.  I came home with a lot of inspiration!!!!!!!  Thursday, when I worked, I bought an apron pattern and some fabric and on my road trip yesterday, bought more fabric for more aprons because the pattern seemed easy peasy!  Well, today I made an apron with the fabric from the shop and it was easy!!!  I look forward to making more aprons with my even newer fabric soon....maybe tomorrow!!!  Here's Daughter1 modeling it:
Shopping was great but not so much the game which ended 5-1 for Lethbridge.  The team has many new, young players this year so it will take some time to get them all working together.  I know they will improve with every practice and subsequent game.

Next weekend is Thanksgiving and I have to start meal planning and buying supplies!  The whole family should be home....eventually!  Son2 might have to leave Monday for back to work and Hubby will arrive Sunday. Regardless it will be a wonderful weekend!  Last market in Millarville Saturday which we will have to take in.  (They will have their Christmas one later of course.). I think we are to have beautiful weather too!!!!!!!  But a busy week ahead first!!!!  Yippee!  




1 comment: