Follow by Email

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Exercise, etc

Okay...so I'm trying once again to exercise and watch what I eat.  Just got off the treadmill.  I walk/jog (and I use that term loosely...someone with long legs could easily keep up to my 'jog' by just strolling) for 5 kms.  I keep track of my food and exercise on an app called myfitnesspal.  When my Mom was sick I had lost 45 lbs.  Not because I couldn't eat...I'm the exact opposite...I'm a stress eater.....but because my progress reports made her so happy.  She was once a Weight Watchers leader and struggled with her weight.  I would give her my reports weekly and she would smile and praise me......well, as she got worse and was in palliative care, my willpower broke and I'd eat the treats people would bring in and there was always candy in the room...Mom craved it.  So now 30 of those 45 lbs have come back....creeping at first but now BAM!  Combine her passing with a move with being menopausal with almost hitting the big 5-0 and needless to say, I'm struggling with my weight.  I remember how good I felt with those 45 lbs gone.....physically and emotionally...so I am going to try and work hard again to get rid of it and maybe a bit more.  Will myfitnesspal be enough?  I don't know.  I was successful with Weight Watchers before.  Here in town there is also a Curves which I've contemplated joining.  For now I will do what is free and easy.
Wish me luck and I must go...sweat is dripping on the keyboard and I have to take an Aleve!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Jane to take control of your life, you can do whatever it is you set your mind to doing... that much I've learned as my big 50 quickly approaches! How in the heck did this happen, seriously 50 years have passed by and the days seem to just be getting shorter!

    Before I get carried away and ramble on, welcome to blogger. I've been posting now for going on 5 years and this is totally my space. The first year I posted a photo a day faithfully with a bit of journaling, then in my second year I'd add as many photos as I wanted to. When I was in university my blog was my me time every day and I would look forward to having even 20 minutes of me time. I've printed out 3 of the 4 years I've been blogging and like my middle son said, it's like an electronic journal. It is in a way but I only touch the surface. I've also met in person some of the people I've met through my blog and it was phenomenal! I look forward to meeting more people whom I consider friends, it's a small small world sometimes!

    Wishing you all the best with your new fitness regime, I'm thinking I'd best start doing something on a regular basis in that department as well especially with summer on the way... I hope! lol

    Have an awesome day! Now I'm going to try to figure out where your subscribe link is at so I can follow you and not to worry, I don't generally ramble on and on when I respond to a post! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God your picture is there Darlene!!!! I was wondering who darlin was!!!!! Did you figure out how to follow me? I see at the bottom of this post it shows subscribe by email....but I haven't put a link!! How do you do that?? I have no real clue what I'm doing here!!!!
      I too hope it will serve as a kind of electronic journal for me too. So far it's been a fun two days!!!! Hahahaha!

      Delete
  2. So awesome that you're getting back on track, Jane. I've gained nearly half of what I lost then back as well. :-( My intention is to get back on track once we're moved. I just enjoy eating and eat for any occasion - b/c it tastes good, b/c I feel like it, b/c I'm stressed, etc. I really could go on. Usually when I'm stressed, I tend to tone it down a little. My youngest son wants to have a flat tummy for summer and wants a workout partner so I'll work out with him.

    I'm happy for you that you're doing this. Your Mom is probably smiling down on you and encouraging you on while you're doing this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the wagon off the wagon.....when my husband is home it seems my routine goes out the window!!! But tomorrow is another day right?? Good for you too Cathy. I love food as well and eat for all sorts of reasons!!!! Just need to be active enough to have a happy medium!!!

    ReplyDelete