Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Update on Pixie


Our poor sweet Pixie......she has been recovering for a bit which makes me wonder how long that needle and thread were in her mouth.  😢  Do you see her abscess in this picture?  The swelling was worse...even under her eye which closed her eye even more so I took her back on Thursday as her face was getting more and more swollen.  She got antibiotics then and an anti-inflammatory. Thankfully Monday morning it started to drain.  We had already had a vet appointment for Monday at noon (before all of this happened!) so once we were there, they shaved her hair on that spot and rinsed it all out.  She had a bit more leaking last night but her face is back to normal.....and so is she!!!!!  She is back to being feisty and she even played with me yesterday!!


The vet appointment was to check out her heart and sure enough it is a bit enlarged but certainly not late stages at this point.  So now she is on a heart medication....very low dose.  

Then Phoebe had an ultrasound to check her kidneys (all clear!) and a urine sample (she's been "leaking" when she sleeps 😳  She IS 12 years old I suppose) and there were some crystals that showed up.  She is on medication now too.  Both are on new foods....Phoebe for her urinary issues and Pixie for weight loss!  Both love their new foods so that makes things easy....what makes it hard is making sure they only eat their own food....and keeping the cats from eating it!  LOL

Friday night I was invited to a friends place for a painting party.  What FUN!!!!!  Here is the sign I did there:


I have another to do here at home that says "But first....Coffee".  It was great seeing friends and meeting some new people.  

I am pretty much done with my Christmas shopping so have plans on doing some wrapping today!!  All the stuff is in the spare room upstairs here and Jenna and Jude are coming Thursday night and they use that room when they come on their own.  

I love my dogs but I think they love Hubby even more then they love me. 😩 This pics describes the pet situation in our house!  😂😅😆


Best get a move on......clouds have rolled in.  Not sure what weather we are to get today but I will be inside all cozy, wrapping gifts and playing Christmas music!  


No comments: