Follow by Email

Monday, February 23, 2015

February....What????

Okay, where did this month go?  Like really, it's the last week of this month!!!!!!!!  Here's a month-at-a-glance:
Sarah and Jacobs wedding on the 7th which I didn't attend because I thought I'd have the nanny interview.  Here's a little something I have made them and need to send:
It was so fun to stitch!!!  I hope they like it.
No nanny interview (the family left for holidays but the little guy had some medical appointments beforehand) but I did have an interview for two EA jobs (educational assistant).  One in Blackie and 
one at a school I can see out my back window!  Well, guess who is starting a new job 
tomorrow???????  ME!! and at the school I can see out my back window!  I will be working with two 
different little boys.  Wish me luck!  

Valentines Day and Family Day weekend came and went.  Hubby was up north and the kids were all gone here and there.  Son1 and Jenna couldn't make it down either.    It was just me and the animals! Hahaha!  But my friend Sue and I went to Cochrane on the Saturday and hit some shops there.....stitching shop, quilt shop and a wool shop.......it was a beautiful, fun day!!

I did get some stitching done recently.  I started a rug hooking project that I've had for YEARS and am thinking practice makes perfect so I will struggle along.

Sue had ordered some punches to use like needle punch but they are bigger and use yarn or strips of wool. They sounded like fun so I bought them too! I decided one morning to play with the small one and made this:

I have since turned the edges and backed it.  SO fun and quick!!!!  There will be more of these in my future!!!

I also finished the March insert for the Live Simply hanging...I really like this one.  The April one is cute too so I will start that one right away to make sure I have it done on time.

And block 2 of Buttermilk Basins block of the month is done.....can't wait for March!
The colors aren't quite so bright...cell phone picture!

I joked with my friends that maybe I will never sew/quilt again now that I'm so into this wool stuff....then I laughed!!!!!!!!!  

February 19th was this little spoiled dogs birthday...she turned 4!

Daughter2 is finished hockey with her Warriors team.  They lost last weekend to Medicine Hat.  She is hoping the Coyotes need her (senior women's team she is affiliated with)....they are starting their playoffs for provincials and the provincials are in Grande Prairie!  

So it was a month full of stitching, new beginnings, wonderfully warm weather, some snow, more warm weather, more snow, hockey.....and it's almost over.  Wow.  Blink!




5 comments:

  1. YAY!!! You're back. Was thinking we needed to send an internet search party out for you ☺ Projects look GREAT! Congratulations on the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Saturday that turned out to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now we MARCH in. Hoping for a warm up here. Nice to catch up with your projects and your life. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get nicer weather there soon Pegs!!! Thanks for catching up!!

      Delete