Follow by Email

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Family Day Weekend

What a great weekend!!!!  Hubby and I went up north to spend it with friends and family.  Hubby went skidooing for two days and I even had a day of sewing with my old quilt guild!  Unfortunately I didn't have time to fit in visits with everyone I wanted to see.....Darlene...next time for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our drive up was very nice....great weather, not much traffic.  Coming home was much the same but with a bit more traffic especially Red Deer and south.  But we still made great time and our girls  (2 and 4 legged) were waiting for us!!!!

I had made my dad a quilt last year and he finally got a new bed and made a headboard and is using the quilt!  On the wall is an old quilt I made my parents in 1997!!!!  Has the kids handprints!  I'd forgotten about that one.

On the way down I worked on an old embroidery project.  I finished the first block (with the snowman) and am almost finished the second.  I have to continue because I think they are so cute!!
  
You can see I had refreshment with the second one while we were at Dad's.  It did not affect the workmanship in any way!!!  
I had my pinwheel quilt quilted and will do the binding today (I hope) so will post a picture soon.  At the sewing day I started, and almost finished, a simple quilt top.  I want to work and finish that up soon.  
A sneak peak.  There's a row missing here and now the rows are all sewn together.  It's a Scrumptious fat quarter pack and I love that line!!!!  I love all their lines!!!!!!!!!  This will be a queen sized quilt.  It needs a border which is pieced and scrappy too.
Now there's laundry to be done!  Work tomorrow so I'd best get at it!