Follow by Email

Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Hobby

“To be really happy and really safe, one ought to have at least two or three hobbies, and they must all be real."
- Winston Churchill


Isn't that the truth!  I couldn't imagine life without my hobbies!  What did I do with my time before I was married and without kids???  I did do some crocheting but I didn't have a hobby I was passionate about....or addicted too!!!  Hahaha. Of course quilting is my number one hobby (and biggest addiction!). My plan yesterday, on my day off, was to tidy up then sew.  Nope, I cleaned, took recycling, did some banking and then got groceries.  I cooked the deep dish pizza recipe my mom had given me many, many, many years ago and made a Caesar salad to go along with it.  That was my day!  My most recent projects are the bright table runner all done and hanging in the shop as she would like me to teach it:

And my Disappearing Pinwheel quilt.  I opted out of putting pinwheels in the border and kind of like how less busy it looks. I will teach my students (if I get more than one!) how to do them though so they have that option.


Last weekend I got to visit with my best pal Kim in Calgary.  We went to watch her daughters hockey game then went out for lunch.  Kim and her hubby live up north so it was great to have the chance to spend some time with her way down here!!!!!!!!  I sure wish they lived closer!!!!!!

A had two games last weekend and both went into OT then a shoutout!!!!!!!!!!  First one they lost and the second they won!  Hard on the nerves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope that doesn't happen this weekend as she has two home games again.

Tomorrow I get to visit with Miss Morgan as I have a hair appointment!  I love our visits!!!!!!  She is going in the Priddis sale again this year and I am hoping to have stuff to send out with her.....it is on the same weekend as last year and we all know what we were doing then......not selling stuff at a craft market......but watching the water close in!!!!  I sure hope it's uneventful this year!  We are having our block party on the anniversary of the flood....June 20!  I'm sure it will be even bigger and better than last years in September!!!!!!!!!

Off to "work" today!!!!!!!!!  I get to work on a store sample using Little Black Dress 2 fabric!!  Yippee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment