Monday, January 27, 2020

She is Home!

Sorry for the delay in an update on Pixie.  I had a couple of friends text and email asking how she was so I thought I should update on here too.  💗

Friday afternoon we were able to go and pick her up from the vets. (Hubby even came home early so he could go with me!!)  After looking at X-rays and ultrasounds we were a bit disheartened.....seems there is a problem with her liver.  Something in/on/around it(?)  They really didn't know what it was.  She came home with a 10 day supply of antibiotics because the primary goal is to get her white cell counts down.  Well, when we let her down out of the truck, she was so happy to be home!!!!  She pranced around with pep!  😃  And she's been so perky ever since!!!!!

We really thought she was so much better after the discovery of the needle and thread and round of antibiotics but then she got worse.  Which has me wondering......did we not clear up the first infection??  Who knows how long that needle and thread had been in there....maybe she has been fighting this infection for months and months.....finally her body pushed the needle (foreign body) out to where it caused her grief while eating her treat and the vet could see it when we took her in.  Maybe the first set of antibiotics weren't enough and she didn't have them long enough?  We never had blood work done before last week....so maybe her white blood cell count was sky high then too.  And, if someone has an infection for that long, could it affect an organ like the liver??  I will be curious to see what her blood work shows after this 10 day cycle.  She sure is doing great!  Eating, playing, brighter all the way around.....like she hasn't been in a long long while.  (and I mean months!!)

I am expecting a call from the vet some time today.  I will tell her my thoughts....hope I don't sound stupid as she did say they didn't think this had anything to do with the needle....well, my gut is telling me different.  😉


Cuddled up in her blanket on the couch:




Saying "hello Mom!":

(still has some weight to lose but she's doing really well!)

So the saga continues but I don't feel it's doom and gloom ahead!  


No comments: