Follow by Email

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Thoughts of Mom

Today was a crazy day.  I stayed home not feeling well.....sore throat, swollen glands.  To add to that, our house was being shown so I took the dogs out for a drive (when all I wanted to do was lay down!).  I received the message yesterday when I got home from work so instead of sitting down then and relaxing, I cleaned.  I was ready this morning.  (haven't heard anything)

My friend Kim text me about a song her daughter was listening to a song by Ed Sheeran called Supermarket Flowers.  I found it and downloaded it on Apple Music where you can also view the lyrics.  I've listened to it several times this evening and teared up (or all out bawled!) every time!  I thought of my Mom.

  I loved this line in the song......

"A heart that's broke is a heart that's been loved"  

Isn't that so true.  The song is about losing his Mum.....we are so sad losing those who have loved us. Sometimes it seems as though my Mom has passed away only recently.....but it will be six years this August.  I still miss her every day.

One thing my Mom would make for suppers was meatloaf.  It wasn't my favourite meal of all time but I did eat it.  This recipe was on a blog I follow and I made it Friday for when Hubby came home.  It was soooooo easy and soooooo tasty!  I will make it again, with mashed potatoes; comfort food like mom used to make.  <3 

                            http://thecraftingchicks.com/moms-easy-homemade-meatloaf-recipe/

It will be an early night for me tonight....tomorrow is a busy day/class and we are having a substitute teacher......oiy!  It might be a long day but I'm sure to survive!  I get my nails done tomorrow and I am wanting a nice light springy colour.  The little things..........

No comments:

Post a Comment