Follow by Email

Monday, February 13, 2017

Stitching

Well, I was on a bit of a roll last week and got my Garden Path Buggy Barn blocks from the book Perennially Crazy done.  Love the fabrics in a kit from Village Quilts in Lethbridge that I bought years ago.  I'm just a tiny bit stumped because of the extra fabric I know must be for borders.....I need to figure out how big the borders are supposed to be!  The top from the book is as you see here so the borders are something Village Quilts did to make it bigger......I could call and see if Natasha remembers or still has the quilt around....or I could just figure it out myself! :o)

My daughter's good friend from our hometown is having a baby and had her baby shower on Sunday in Calgary where she is currently living.  I had this top done for awhile and got it quilted with a minky backing and satin binding.  I guess it was a hit!!!!  


My friend Sue came with me to my ct scan and Dr meeting on Thursday......then we made the "mistake" of stopping in at a couple of quilt shops on the way home!!!  Both of us purchased the first kit for a BOM called Message in a Bottle from Out of Hand.  Of course that meant we signed up for the rest of them too!!!!  We fell in love with the fabrics!!!!  The quilt has hand appliqué which I love to do.......now to get doing it!  I am also doing the Kim Diehl BOM from Fat Quarter Shop and have five house blocks to get sewn together for Month one!  I have them all cut out and ready to go..........this week for sure!  (of course we won't mention all the other BOMs started but not finished that I have stacked nicely in project boxes!)


I sent my kids their Valentine's Day goodie bags.....and left a bit for us to enjoy.....okay does anyone page anyone any more?????  LOLOLOL!!  (PS  Thumbs up to Canada Post....I mailed the parcel just regular parcel post to St Albert Thursday morning before I left for Calgary and the kids received it the next day!!!!!!!)


Daughter2 had a hockey game in Cochrane Friday night so Hubby left work early, we picked her up and took her there.......Hometown Hockey was set up and we could see stages, ice rink and other temporary buildings when we drove in.  During the first intermission an entertainer from Hometown Hockey came on the ice and juggled flaming mini goalie sticks.  He was pretty good and funny.


My post would not be complete without pictures of the grand babies........
Master Jude turned seven months old last week and his mother informed me this morning that he is officially crawling now!!!!!  Miss Lyla is giggling for Grandpa as he pretends to eat her banana!  She is still not feeling 100% so will go with her mommy to the doctor this afternoon.  


I am off to a job interview this morning at a school here in High River....fingers crossed I get it....I miss working with the kiddos and need to get doing something!  It is only 2-3 full days a week so I think that would be perfect for me to get back to the grind..........now to go and sell myself!  ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment