Follow by Email

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A New Gadget!

Have you heard about Instant Pot??  A few blogs I follow had talked about using it....and the successes they were having!  I hummed and hawed and then weakened and purchased mine from Amazon....that was several months ago and I had never used it!  It's a pressure cooker (and slow cooker) and it kind of freaked me out!  LOL  On my birthday, when Sue and Deb were here visiting, we chatted about it and I decided that was it....I was going to use it the next day (it was not inexpensive!)!  Well, first I made a whole chicken....I took this pic while the chicken was cooking....for 25 minutes! A whole chicken was done in 25 minutes...and it was good!  I needed some work on seasoning though.  Next up was a beef roast.  30 minutes......(I think or 35) and done!  And tender!  So last night I made "spaghetti"  I read on the FB group about it and a lot of people said they replaced spaghetti noodles for other noodles.  I happened to have shell noodles.....so frozen meatballs, uncooked pasta, spaghetti sauce, water, spices and 6 minutes of cooking (after it pressured up) and bam!  Supper.....we also had garlic bread.  Daughter2 and I had some leftovers for supper....baked with cheese on top....yummo!  A very handy gadget for sure!

(love Bread and Butter pickles!  haha)

I've even spent some time in my sewing room.  This super simple wallhanging was stitched...it just needed quilting so I completed that yesterday.  Now to hand stitch the binding which I hope to start tonight.


The surgeons office called and I have an appointment for a consultation on October 4th.  I am hoping surgery is shortly thereafter.  This uninvited "breast guest" has over stayed it's welcome!  Time for it to vacate the premises!!  :o)

Our little granddaughter started crawling today so we will have to watch out!!!!!!!!  I will have to do some baby proofing and safety gates will have to go up on the stairs.  Fun times!!!  :oP  

Soon it will be Thanksgiving weekend.  All the kids, grandkids and even my dad will be here.  I can't wait!  I love this time of year.....I wish it would last longer.........

Yep I'm a lover of all things pumpkin......Daughter2 grabbed these for me today....even pumpkin agave!  I admit to being a lover of Starbucks' pumpkin spice lattes too!  

Another bad pic of my fall mantle.  I really do love fall.  <3  Not a fan of the white stuff so it can hold off indefinitely!


1 comment:

  1. Jane, I laughed when I read your post because I had been wondering if you had used your new gadget yet! The info you have given is all good to know! Good luck at your Dr. appointment. You will dazzle the Dr. and your guest will surely understand it is now time to be gone!! XXOO

    ReplyDelete