Follow by Email

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Chillaxing Saturday!

After waking up coughing my head off at 2:30 this morning, I realized I didn't have any cold medicine.  I had heard about putting Vicks on the bottom on your feet and it will stop the coughing......well, I did and I did not cough again!  Coincidence??  Who cares!  I was able to fall back to sleep!!!!  Today I actually feel almost human...first time all week!  Still coughing but I am prepared now after a trip to the drug store!

Before going to bed last night, I checked my FB....I had a message from my friend Pam (who I will reply to right away!) and another one from an auction I had won on Thursday.  I thought I won it but didn't think I was sent a message by the seller who said she had sent messages that night....weird that it showed up last night but was sent Thursday.....Lonnnnnnnng story short, I had 'won' a hammock with stand!  After a relaxing morning in my pjs until around 10:30, I went into Okotoks to pick up my hammock!  Grabbed a few more things while in town then headed for home to put the hammock together....it was easy peasy!!  


The weather started changing...cloudy and looked like rain might be coming in, so I didn't stay out long.  But I hope to have a lot of time to enjoy it this summer!!

We currently have three families of geese on our lake.  There's a family with five 'babies', a family with four 'toddlers' and a family with two 'teenagers'.  Its funny how they all stick together.....following one another from one shore to the next.  I caught a pic of them all swimming by....toddlers on the left, babies in the middle and teenagers to the right...all with their parents of course.  We also have a lone goose this year.....so sad. :o(  He/she was hanging out too....at the top of the pic.

Then there were these noisy creatures!!!!  I was going to let the dogs out to chase them as they were looking way too comfortable in our backyard but then someone walked by on the trail and they flew off.  Damn magpies!

My next door neighbour Maureen shared some of her garden flowers with me.....aren't they pretty??  I also received more roses.  Nothing brightens up the place like fresh flowers!

Our grandson has been growing for 39 weeks this coming Tuesday and Jenna is officially on maternity leave.  All I thought about when I was sick (even now with this cold!) was how she couldn't have him quite yet!!  Oh I can't wait!!!!  I remember not long ago thinking how I was so ready to be a grandmother....even though I didn't think any of our children were planning on becoming parents any time soon....and bam TWO in one year!!!!!  How blessed we are!!!!!!  Its hard to believe it at times and I am so grateful! (now to get that quilt quilted!!!)








No comments:

Post a Comment