Follow by Email

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Post #2 I Found My Sewing Mojo!!

I found my sewing MOJO!!!  I think when I would walk into my sewing room I felt overwhelmed by the clutter.  I didn't have messes everywhere but had a lot of stuff...decor, projects and containers....just stuff!  So, after cleaning the house Friday, I tackled the sewing room....until almost midnight!  It might not look clutter free to you, but it sure does to me. haha :o)





So then on Saturday, Sue and I went to Heritage Park Quilt Show....and headed straight for the vendors!  I bought 2 books and 2 charm packs....and that's it!  IF you know me, you know that is an amazing feat!  I never leave without many bags!!!  We looked at a few quilts and then headed for Out of Hand....a quilt shop in Calgary.  Well, my will power went out the window!  I bought a couple of patterns and a couple of books and some fabric for more cushions on the sectional.....and a whole kit from a BOM!!!  They had the finished quilt hanging on the wall behind the till and I....fell....in......love!!!!  Block 1: (that I made when I got home...except the stitching of the wool)

I love the Japanese cotton fabrics....and I love the wool of course!!!!!  Sunday, I got up and made the very funky and modern baby quilt for our grandson arriving the end of June/beginning of July that I had been procrastinating over.  Jenna loves it......and that's all that matters!  

I bought backing today and have to relearn how to get it on my frame so I can get it quilted!!!

Then yesterday I decided I needed a table runner for a lady who is part of the team we work with.  She is leaving the division and we are having a party for her on Thursday.  I emailed a friend of hers to find out colours in her house and was told she had black counter tops, grey walls and dark wood floors.  I hope she likes it (because she used to be a interior decorator!!)
Simple!!!!  So mojo is back!!!  (I hope to stay!!)

And look who is 4 months old already!!!!!!

I Love this little monkey!!!!!!!!!  I'm due for cuddles and will see her this week for sure!

It is to get hot this weekend.......and the countdown is on for the end of the school year....we are all ready for it!  LOL!  I hope the new arrival waits until I am finished the school year before he makes his arrival so I can be there quick!  It's going to be a busy summer!  <3