Monday, June 1, 2020

Oops...Missed a Month!

 Hello June!!!!!!!!  I noticed I didn't do one single post in May!!!!!  Wowza!  Well, ya didn't miss much!  LOLOL  (obviously)  So here we are, June 1st and a quick post.

Remember in my last post that I mentioned the cats were turning one in May?  May 12th.  My friend Pam, whom I got these cuties from, sent them a handmade birthday card in the mail.....even addressed to them!  I had a giggle.......what a neat thing to do!




I started and finished this book (in a day!!)....the first in a series of three.  I swear I was a midwife in a past life....I find it all so interesting! 😄 Like Call the Midwife on tv.  The season is done for now (I missed the season finale 😒).  I wanted to start the next one but I had book keeping to do first......now that that is finished, I can start it any time!

         

I have been getting some stitching/sewing/quilting done!  Here are my finished placemats:


A birthday gift for a friend whose birthday is the end of June (I have to get her Birthday blocks done now!!)


A wallhanging from a kit I bought at the Red Deer quilt show last year:


A challenge from my favorite Facebook group.  Of course it was initially American so not only was it a challenge to figure out what to put in the area below the flag (that was everyones challenge) but for me, it was also how to make it Canadian!


My latest finish is another birthday gift for a friend's June birthday:

                                             

It's been great stitching away, finishing some things (like the kit) but also starting other small projects using only stash fabrics and supplies!  (unfortunately I can see NO difference in the amount of 'stuff' I still have!)

This past weekend the whole family was down as well as my Dad.  He hadn't seen Brody yet!  Friday Dad and I went to a couple of local greenhouses and I bought a few things....for the flowerbeds and my two small planters...and got them planted when we got home.  The kids from north arrived Friday night and the girls came on Saturday.  Saturday was gorgeous and we spent the entire day outside.  Yesterday started off okay but ended up with a lot of rain but thankfully we didn't get the thunderstorm or crazy winds (or tornado warnings) some areas south-east of us did.  Dad is still here and will leave this morning...everyone else made it home okay yesterday.  My granddaughter can go to daycare today so Daughter1 is excited about that!  LOL  I'm sure Lyla is too.....she can see her friends!!!!  (I hope they are all there!)  This craziness has been hard on even the young ones......

My EA friends are done work for the school year, a month early.  They were lucky they remained employed for the extra two months (almost) after the school closures.  Now they can relax and enjoy their free time.  😊

It's my cleaning day today and I have a whack of laundry to do as well.  I can start that while Dad is still sleeping.  Sunshiny day here today!!  The sun gives me energy!!!!!!

Off I go......wishing you all a happy day!!



No comments: