Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Holy Smoke!

Here we are, another day of smoky air.  I feel myself whining and complaining about it (to no one but the animals!) because I have a splitting headache and feel almost sick but then I think of the fire fighters and cannot imagine what they are going through.  I know they have masks, etc but it must be awful.  As well, for the people who have respiratory conditions.  Praying for rain and winds that move the fire back onto itself.  It is supposed to be a nice, sunny, warm week but this is the sun here this morning:



Yesterday I had big plans to pop to town and grab a few groceries for a recipe I wanted to make, go to the registries office and FINALLY change the address on my drivers license....little things to get me out and about.  But instead I spent the entire day in my sewing space!  Not accomplishing much but cutting out two projects ready to sew, cutting strips for another so I can complete it, and putzing making these:




What I SHOULD have been doing was FINISHING a project (or 10!!) that I have started!  Nope, I just added to the "to be quilted" pile!  I'm thinking though, that the last rearranging of the sewing room might have helped with the bit of motivation!  (I did a switch of a couple of things even yesterday)  Oh and I even mended the knee on a pair of work pants for Hubby.

I never went to my appointment in Calgary on Monday.....I woke up not feeling great and after I had got myself ready, felt like I really shouldn't travel.  I am waiting on a call about a re-book or, at the very least, a review of my mammogram.  Nothing as of yet.

This morning I had a nice call from my friend and former neighbour Deb.  It was great hearing from her and missed our lunch date Monday too.  I am hoping we can get together one day soon.

Booked Ms Molly for her shots and an eye exam for me.  Molly goes tomorrow and I go next Friday. 😄  I really should have done this at the beginning of summer vacation.  Oh well, if I need glasses I want to make sure to use our benefits before we don't have them anymore.  

Hmmmm what to do today........I do have to go to town but I will go later on this afternoon.  Sewing room it is!!!!  Maybe I won't smell the smoke down there.

No comments: