Saturday, August 4, 2018

August...Already!

It's August....already.  We start back to work at the end of this month although the students don't come until after the long weekend. I have stuff I need to get done.  I went to a sewing day this week and everyone always asks "have you gone anywhere this summer?" and I got to thinking about that....does a person HAVE to go somewhere over the summer?  Being home, not waking up to an alarm and having leisurely mornings is vacation to me!  Not having to work on course assignments, not being stressed over bad days the kids I work with are having.......so I am quite alright with not going anywhere over the summer.  😀  BUT, I would like to get a few things done here...like going through cupboards, etc and getting some painting done so that a) I feel as though I have accomplished something and b) I will feel less stressed going into the new school year.

Last week was also my nail appointment and I think these cute, summery nails are some of my favourite ever and how simple is that??  They make me smile when I look at them.


I have to get a picture of my crazy cat in on every post.....how can she be comfortable????


My hexies are all sewn together.....it finished quite big 26" x 19" Now to figure out how to finish it.


But not before starting another hex project!!  These hexies are smaller...1" as opposed to 2" and they will be a pumpkin.  I did these late last night, after struggling to find 13 orange fabrics!!....they are hard to put down and some time soon I will stitch them together.  I need to appliqué some leaves and embroider some vines once it is attached to a background.....


Small things amuse me as I went to get the mail yesterday and our ugly old green, beat up mail boxes were gone and this was set in their place!!!!!!!  Having the bigger boxes for parcels will be nice too and will save having to wait to go to the post office the next day to pick one up!  (not that I am expecting anything! 😝


We have had thunder/lightening and rain the last 4 or 5 nights.....today is gloomy and I thought it was to be the first without rain! Daughters 1 and 2 are coming out today with our granddaughter.  Son2 is here for the weekend as well......we were going to have a weiner roast for supper.....might need a plan B.  😞 Grrrrr.  Next week is supposed to be beautiful.....time will tell.

No comments: