Seems to be storm season around here. Last Friday we were coming home from Olds and this arrived...it was much darker in person. There were severe thunderstorm warnings and even a tornado watch! Thankfully, we only got wind and rain at our place...whew!
I have been lucky enough to visit a few friends this last week...which meant some shopping....and I had done some online shopping beforehand too! This arrived in the mail on Friday and thankfully our post office is open Saturday mornings so I went in to pick it up....
Hubby has been worried about a couple of trees close to our garage and house that had a bit of a lean to them....and with this being storm season he wanted to get them down before they came down on their own. A few years ago this man cut his knee open while chain sawing.....without the proper safety attire and here he is...shorts and running shoes! 😳 Everything worked out okay this time.
A picture of one of my happy places....I don't seem to go out there when the solar lights are on though. 😂 Maybe this weekend. 😃🔥
On Sunday my friend Pam arrived from our old home town for a visit! It was WONDERFUL!!!! We talked and shopped and talked while shopping and stitched and talked while stitching and she has me hooked on English paper piecing hexagons!!!!!
I used a charm pack and some 2" hexie papers I bought. Now I am stitching them into rows and might appliqué them onto a bit piece of wool or????
I'd LOVE to do something like this one day.....this picture and project is in an issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine.....I'll have to find it in my collection!
A(nother) mug I bought from Peaceful Patch Quilt Shoppe in Blackfalds when Pam and I went there on Monday......a great shop!
And here's Ms Molly! It's a good thing Pam is a cat lover as Molly was all over her...and in her bags and climbing up her legs! She's relaxing on my swing chair....before the thunderclouds rolled in. So far only rumblings and a grey sky...no rain yet! Oh spoke too soon! I think we are getting a sprinkle.
So tomorrow I have a hair appointment and I will get some groceries. I think all the kids and grandkids will be here for the weekend and will start arriving on Friday....yahooooooo!

No comments:
Post a Comment