Wednesday, September 20, 2017

What a Difference a Year Makes!

I remember writing my post last year around this time talking about my breast cancer........has that really only been a year???  Seems like a lifetime ago!  But things are different this year......new (old) home, no health issues, new job.......life is good  ðŸ™‹

Today is my 54th birthday......one more year and senior discounts at restaurants, Shopper's Drug Mart, etc!  Woot woot!  ðŸ˜†  I was planning on sewing something...anything in my almost organized sewing area:

Instead I am sitting down here in the cool basement (Hubby has to put the baseboard heaters on one of these days...the furnace isn't cutting it!) doing nothing....but that's okay too.  He is taking me for supper tonight but first we are going to find more cupboards (for all my scrapbooking stuff) and maybe a wardrobe cupboard for down here and then I can get the rest of these boxes unpacked!  (all the ones you DON'T see in the above picture!  hahaha)

Last week I went to where I now get my hair done, and had a pedicure and got nails again!  



Please excuse the feet...they look like the shape of duck feet without the webbing between the toes!  Oh well......my nails were pretty and we are working on getting rid of my old dry heels!  (TMI?? LOL)

Kim...look what I found!!!!!  I like it...not as good as the cherry I usually get but it's fun to have pumpkin spiced yogurt!!!  'Tis the season!!!!!!!



My first day of work went well yesterday.  The little guys I work with were exhausting and made me question whether or not I am too old for this sh*t!  But I will work on them......and hope to see improvement soon.  ðŸ˜¼  I do love working in the classroom though...those little people are so fun!  The staff at the school seem amazing and very friendly!  It was dress like a pirate day but I haven't been able to access my emails yet so missed it!  I'll be ready next time!  I miss tomorrow as I have a Dr appointment in Calgary (just my usual) but there is a Professional Development Day on Friday I have to go to......in Foothills School Division the PUF EA's didn't have to go to them but here we do.  Hey, we get paid for it so whatever!  ðŸ˜ƒ  I hope to get a bunch of stuff done this weekend too.  We may have a full house for Thanksgiving so I need to stop procrastinating!! 🦃

No comments: