It's a wonderfully rainy day today....started yesterday afternoon and is to continue through tomorrow. Then it can stop! We have things to do on the weekend but more on that in a bit!
Friday night I went to this little guys house! Saturday his Mommy and Daddy were golfing in a tournament and so we had the whole day together. He is BUSY! When he is awake, he is not still. We spent some time in the backyard between nap times and eating (he is an awesome eater!) and he wore Grammy out!! But I loved every minute of it! Look at that face!!!!! ππ
Sunday he came with his Mommy and I to the mall shopping.....I was going only for Bath and Body Works soap but also bought a t-shirt, chocolates for Hubby π, and coffee from Starbucks for the Keurig. Of course I also had to buy this cutie an outfit...picked out by his Mommy of course! I had a great weekend. π
Home on Sunday to the flooring in the basement all done!!!!!! Woot Woot! Here is the bedroom down there....we put the bed together last night.....the walls are a bit more blue than this I think. The color is Smoke by Benjamin Moore (color matched at Home Hardware).
This will be my sewing area. Hubby got the trim on last night except around the doors which he will get to this week. I still have to paint the doors and frames. The flooring guy we hired is likely in his 60s....he commented on how nice and clean the basement was to work in and then proceeded to tell Hubby he didn't like my pink wall!!! Really? π Good thing I wasn't there to tell him it was a good thing he didn't live in this house then! π
This is the sitting room area:
And the stairs which we haven't done anything with yet and won't bother until all my stuff is hauled down........the door leads to the mechanical room and we have to build some sort of doors for the under-stair storage (which needs to be sorted out!)
Son2 is coming this weekend to help us pack stuff down so I really need it to stop raining by then! I have ALOT of stuff but it will be nice to have help with the big heavy cupboards, etc. By next week I hope to have things organized!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saturday afternoon we are going to Daughter2s exhibition game and will meet our friends Chris and Willi for an at-the-arena visit! π Maybe we will get to see Daughter1 and our granddaughter too. Next week is a busy one as I got a job! It's only part time in a kindergarten class but next week I start on Tuesday, my friend Sue is coming for a visit Wednesday, I have a Dr appointment in Calgary on Thursday (I already had to take a day off work!!) and then I go into work Friday for a PD day. Whew! So I will be unpacking, sorting and organizing on Sunday and Monday and every evening for sure!!!! I don't think it will take me too long although I think I will be short on storage since the big cupboard that held my kits may not fit down the stairs (gotta love old houses!). Oh I'll make it work!
I've turned the furnace on and it truly feels like fall......I have yet to decorate at all and my plan is to have a few things out by Thanksgiving weekend. I don't have a mantle now so I won't need much out. It's all good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment