Follow by Email

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Renos....Can We Be Done???


As promised I have some progress pics for you.  (This will be a long post!) This seems to be taking forever but the guys doing it come after work so instead of taking two full days they are doing a few hours here and there.  Besides helping these young guys out with some extra money and the fact they are doing a very nice job as they are fussy, it's a bit of an inconvenience because they arrive here at 5:30 and, up until after yesterdays shift, I wasn't able to use the kitchen then which is when I would be preparing supper for Hubby.  They are here until 8:30 pm and afterwards there is clean up for me which is not what I want to do at 8:30 pm.  Whining aside, it is coming along and should be 100% done by Thursday night! Tonight is the rest of the hallway and bathroom and then trim.  

   In the listing for this property it said there were hardwood floors under the carpet...fir. I am so thankful we decided to change the floors instead of refinishing because, yes there was hardwood under most of the living room and down the hall, but there was a HUGE patch job and plywood in front of the stairs to the basement and the kitchen.



What a mess.....self levelling stuff was needed and our carpenter even did a bunch by hand...literally spreading it with his hand.....then it had to be sanded.......well....THE DUST WAS EVERYWHERE!!!  I seriously wanted to cry............I'm sure I will be finding dust in nooks and crannies for awhile......

Here is the flooring we have chosen.  I need to do a lot more painting (I'm finishing up the second coat on the hallway today and will do a second coat in the kitchen when I am done this post) then the bathroom.....then two of the bedrooms as I haven't found a color I like for the spare room.  I can then paint some of the furniture......the oak wall unit and bookcases and then the kitchen cupboards.  Oak be gone!!!!  HAHAHA! (I've never really painted furniture before...yikes!)


My accent wall.....where the two bookcases and "desk" will go.  The floor is done there now.


I will be so super happy when this painting is done.  My poor carpal tunnel hands and arms are taking a beating.  Drywall for the basement will likely happen next weekend....then taping, then more painting and more flooring!  Will I be ready for Thanksgiving????  :o)

This little dude went to his Daddy's stylist and had his hair cut.....pretty fancy!

This little princess came for a visit last weekend.  She loves her car!


She LOVES her quad rides with Papa!!!!!


Yesterday afternoon I popped into Olds to get paint.  Before I stopped at the paint shop I went to a quilt shop.....I was looking around for a bit (for fabric for a valance in the kitchen and curtains for the bookcases as they will be holding office stuff, etc....I'm sure I have suitable stuff in my stash once I can get to it!!!).  Anyway, I was going to take one more look around the front of the store, came around the corner and there were two gals I knew from my old home town!  They were coming back up from their trip to Montana and Idaho (I believe).  We had a quick visit because they were going to be driving all the way home yesterday and I knew they wanted to look around the shop.  It was nice seeing them and catching up on a bit of hometown news.

When I got home I had a headache (NOT from the visit....I was starving and hadn't drank any water all day!).  The guys came and were sawing and pounding so I wanted to find a nice quiet spot......well, I tried here but it's on the side of the house where the sawing takes place!  I ended up going way out to the "pond" and had a nice sit-down with a couple of magazines.


When Hubby got home we had supper outside at the back of the house, had a fire in the fire pit then decided to take the dogs to the river.  Of course I had to look at rocks and these are what I found!


This one is so neat.....I could not get the small rock out of the big rock!  I wonder how long it's been in there and how it got there and got stuck!!!!  


Off to paint.........*sigh*  One day it will be done but it won't get done unless I do it!  LOL!