Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Wrapping...UGH!

So most people who know me would say I'm creative....crafty.  I think I am too if I do say so myself.  When it comes to Christmas I like to decorate, drag my feet when it comes to decorating the trees but have fun once I get started but wrapping??  I really dislike doing it!  I was thinking, as I was using up the wrapping paper, ribbon and bows from last year, that I need a theme....buy only what goes with my theme and wrap everything the "same".  I laughed when my cousin Jennifer posted on FB today that her theme was red, black, white and silver (I think) for her gift wrapping this year and I'm sure she's been doing the themes for years.....she has beautiful wrapping!!  Wish she wasn't 2000 miles away!!!  She could do mine!  LOLOL!!  I have most everything wrapped...the stuff I have.....so I'm good now.  

Here are the trees for this year.  I bought the skinny tree on sale at Michaels this year.....I was worried about how I was going to decorate it but most of the primitive/country ornaments I used have wire and it worked well.  I love this tree! Both are terrible photos....taken on my cell phone.


This tree is totally opposite of anything I have done in the past.  Glass ornaments!!!!  LOL  The ribbon is still burlap (gotta keep the country!) with some sparkle.  I like it at night....during the day I see the missed spaces.  I don't really like this Costco tree.....hard to decorate and smells like plastic!  Maybe one day I will get a real tree for down there.....not far to haul in and out so the needles will be more or less contained! (is that possible?)


As I decorated the trees I thought about how this was the 2nd year of no cats and how much less stressful it is!  hahahaha!  They are likely un-decorating Daughter2s tree!  

Twelve more days until Christmas.  My family is arriving on the 23rd.  Wow...where did this year go?  Why do we say that every year??  :oD  

SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Jane! Wishing you a wonderful and magical holiday with the family.:-)

    ReplyDelete