Monday, April 26, 2021

Music!!

(again, not me!  LOLOL)

The best part of walking for me is the music!  Hubby got me a set of AirPods for Christmas...one of the best gifts yet!  Music helps take my mind off of my aching body (somewhat) and mostly revokes so many memories.

** there will be NO judging my choice of music!  😂😂😂

Sweet Caroline came on and I was reminded of when we lived in High River and our girls were in my vehicle...we were coming back from uptown and that song came on.  At the time I guess it was a "thing" for the young people....hahaha...so the girls were belting it out and doing the dum dum daaaa during that part of the song (after "sweet Caroline...dum dum daaaaa good times never seemed so good....etc)  Made me smile.....because they were happy.  Both girls are very stressed and distraught over this damn Covid and the restrictions.......

Then the song Houdini came on by Foster the People....I remember having Erica play that at the store while I was working....and then Jennifer came dancing over from the flower shop.  That memory made me smile.....fun times....and Erica was still with us.  💔

Well who can't do the arm motions when YMCA comes on??????  LOLOL  Memories of dances at school and even when it was played at hockey games!  Got my arm movements in too....yep I walk in the bush without an audience! 
 
Another Erica memory was when Brokenhearted by Karmin came on....she was the one that introduced me to that song. It reminded me of her, her store, working at the store and even when I was supposed to be packing up the house when we moved to High River and wasn't motivated, I would put that song on and I'd be on my way to getting stuff done!!!!!!

I only walked for 30 minutes...gotta start somewhere right?...there were other songs but these were the memory ones for me.

This weekend I had the joy of watching our grand daughter and her little brother......Lyla asked me to play the Chicken Dance on my phone.....she was dancing and her brother was dancing.  Made us smile for sure.  Isn't music a wonderful thing?????????  

Well I am having to move this aching body and will pop out to get the mail.  Next post will be filled with quilting projects and grandkids.....I promise!!  

 

No comments: